Hydrotherapy is a form of water-based exercise which is used to treat and manage chronic health conditions and assist with rehabilitation. This type of low impact training can help increase strength and mobility while relieving pain due to the buoyancy of the water.
The benefits of hydrotherapy include:
- Improving range of motion
- Increasing muscle strength
- Pain management
- Improve recovery after surgery
- Falls prevention and balance training
- Assist with management of neurological disorders
- Reduce joint pain and associated signs of arthritis
Our Hydrotherapy Services
We offer small group classes and individual sessions run by our exercise physiologists in the hydrotherapy pools at Starplex and Barossa Aquatic and Fitness. Prior to your first session, you will attend an initial assessment where your medical history and goals are discussed in order to develop an individualised hydrotherapy program.
Please see below our hydrotherapy timetable for both our Gawler and Barossa location.